Each year global music PR firm rock paper scissors, inc. compiles an unoffical guide to all the global and cross-cultural music taking place during the annual APAP/Arts Presenters Conference which takes place in New York City. Following in the wake of the popular annual globalFEST showcase, a huge number of global and globally-minded performers take the stage in New York during APAP. Some are official showcases, some less formal, some are curated by local concert presenters, some are produced by booking agents (of all sizes), and some are pulled together by independent artists. While the walls of the "world music" category melt into this era of extreme eclecticism, the Unoffocial Guide to Global Music at APAP still has a role to play to help performing arts professionals with a global ear (or two) wade through the thousands of concerts, magic shows, ice capades, and comedy routines on tap.
How to submit a global concert/showcase to this guide?
- Download this Excel spreadsheet
- Add you showcase(s)
- Save the spreadsheet to your computer
- Email the spreadsheet to guide [at] rockpaperscissors [dot] biz by deadline: 12/15/2011
What will happen with the Guide?
- We will post the final guide here on DubMC.com for APAP attendees to print out on their own and use as a guide for selecting showcases to attend.
- We will let people know about it on FA-World, Facebook (via the rock paper scissors page), and on Twitter.
How much does it cost?
- We do not charge to be in the guide.
- We do not charge to use the guide.
- You can get prime real estate in the official APAP website and program here and purchase a trade hall exhibitor stand through APAP here.
We encourage anyone serious about booking a tour to register and attend APAP. Our intent with this unsanctioned, unofficial, informal guide is to help the global music professional community. Please check all times, locations, and details with the organizer of eaxch individual showcase before planning your schedule as thie is a crowd-sourced schedule that is bound to have errors.